The Covid-19 Pandemic has given rise to innumerable cases of Cough, Cold and Fever across all age groups, and so improving our immunity seems to be the only way to be healthy and protect ourselves from being effected by the Coronavirus.
Giloi (Tinospora cordifolia) is an Ayurvedic herb that has been used in Indian Medicine for centuries due to its various medicinal properties, it is often called as ‘The Root of Immortality’ or ‘Amrita’ in Sanskrit.
1) Packed with Anti-Oxidants, Giloi helps purify blood, remove toxins and fight bacteria that causes diseases.
2) Helps with respiratory problems such as Asthma, Wheezing, Coughing, Shortness of breath, etc
3) It can help fight and reduce common symptoms of several diseases like Dengue, Swine-Flu, and Covid-19
4) Helps improve digestion and bowel related problems.
5) Consuming Giloi helps reduce high blood sugar.
6) Gets rid of toxins, reduces mental stress and calms your mind.
7) The powder of the Giloi Stem helps with treating Joint Pain and arthritis as it contains anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties.
8) Here is a simple Giloi Kadha recipe to help boost your immunity and avoid common problems in this Pandemic like Cough, Cold and Fever.
– Water – 2 cups
– Dry Giloi Powder – 1 tbsp
– Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
– Mint leaves – 10-12 pcs
– Cinnamon stick – 1 small
– Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
– Ginger (grated) – 1/2 inch
– Honey – 1 1/2 tbsp.
Method: Boil water in a vessel and add turmeric and black pepper to it. Let it simmer for a minute and then add giloi powder, grated ginger and a cinnamon stick to it. Let it boil for a minute on low flame, covered. Add mint leaves and honey, stir and let it cool for a little while. Strain and serve
Tip : Adding Black Pepper to the recipe helps increase its anti-inflammatory properties and helps fight respiratory conditions.
In some cases excess consumption of Giloi can lead to Constipation and reduce blood sugar. So it is advisable to not consume Giloi in excess amounts and to monitor your blood sugar levels regularly if you have Diabetes.
Also avoid Giloi if you are Pregnant or Breastfeeding.
It is advisable to consult a doctor and avoid self-medicating.